Nature Photographers Tasmania (NPT) is a professional organization whose aim is to facilitate and promote the use of photography for the protection of nature in Tasmania, and elsewhere. The group came about through the collective involvement of several Tasmanian photographers in the book project “Endangered: Tasmania’s Wild Places”, published by Penguin Books in 2007.
Nature Photographers Tasmania will:
- use photography to help safeguard wilderness, bio-diversity and the integrity of natural systems
- use photography to educate and to communicate conservation messages
- coordinate projects and work with like-minded organisations to further conservation aims
- operate as a collective voice for professional nature photographers in Tasmania.
- Rob Blakers (President/Secretary)
- Pete Walsh (Treasurer)
- Grant Dixon
- Simon Olding
- Matt Newton
- Luuk Veltcamp